Wednesday, October 25

Lady Luck Takes Up Residency

Lady Luck takes up residence in Hawera 25 October 2006
Luck seems to be stuck in Hawera. It all started a fortnight ago when a Lotto player picked up one of 10 Dream year promotions, worth $180,000.
That was followed by a second division Powerball winner, who picked up $57,000.
Now the luck has switched to two Instant Kiwi winners, with an elderly Hawera woman winning $50,000 on a crossword ticket last week.
The 79-year-old, who wants to remain anonymous, said she went to buy a ticket only after reading about an upcoming windfall in her stars.
"I can't believe it," the grandmother of eight said. "I don't often play these games and I didn't think I'd won anything when I took it into the shop for them to put through the machine."
That was not the end of the town's run of luck. Another Instant Kiwi winner picked up $25,000 at the weekend.

No comments: